- Providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 35mm, this prime lens provides a slightly wide-angle perspective that is useful in a wide variety of situations and well-suited to street photography.
- Fast f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers greater control over focus when working with shallow depth of field or selective focus techniques.
- The 10-element-in-6-group design includes two aspherical elements to minimize spherical aberrations and distortions for increased clarity and sharpness.
- The internal focusing stepping motor AF system delivers smooth, near-silent performance that can acquire focus as quickly as 0.05 sec.
- A Super Electron Beam Coating has been applied to the lens for controlling ghosting and flare, and greater image clarity.
- Weather seals are placed about the lens barrel to protect against dust, moisture, and temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Nine rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- Minimum working distance of 9″ allows shooters to get close to their subjects.